This past week has been pretty laid back for Jess and I. I have been on vacation and she is working on papers. To give her a chance to get some work done this afternoon without having me in her hair, I went out. I had seen a museum a couple weeks ago that I kept meaning to see, and I decided to take the opportunity today. The name of the museum is "Musée de la nature at et de la chasse." It literally translates as Museum of Nature and Hunting, but I think the name Museum of Nature and killing it is more entertaining. Below is a picture of the main trophy room.
But it looks like I'm starting to ramble.
This museum is also somewhat interesting in that it is the only place I have seen natural history offerings such as a stuffed stag in front of a centuries old wall hanging manufactured in the great looms of Bruges (as seen below).
After visiting the museum, I walked around a bit. This is a picture of the Hotel de Soubise, one of the grand old mansions of the city. It now holds the Museum of French History.
On the way home, I walked past our neighbourhood garden. It is always crowded, with a big playground that is always packed, but as in other parts of the city, much of the green space is blocked off to the public, including this little pond. Those of you familiar with the story of Rosslyn might recognize a bad idea in my checking in on these ducklings every couple days. But that they have their mother is enough to dissuade me, even if Jess and what I can only assume are rather stringent rules on moving waterfowl across international boundaries weren't also there doing there part. So for now, I just fondly gaze from afar.
No comments:
Post a Comment